Sunday, July 24, 2011

A hint of reality

I become immensely envious of people who can just be.

Actually, let me think before I publish this to the world-

Is there anyone who can be sure of themselves always?

It's truly amazing to be able to love yourself though.

On a good day like this one, it all sinks in.

Our fears, embarrassments and entrapping situations;

All of these exist only in our heads.

Do they really care about how strange/not you are? No.

Is anyone genuinely interested in seeing you hurt? No.

Can anybody better your thoughts for you? No.

Is there light at the end of the tunnel? Yes.

I've been amiss for a long while;

But I'm glad I'm gaining my foothold.

It took me time and support; which I'm grateful I had.

It feels good to write, to motivate, to focus, to affirm;

I need my daily dose of thinking good thoughts again!

Do I feel like I'm telling you more than you should know?

Yes, oh yes! Umm hmm. (shaking head side to side)

But as someone very wise said to me, "I'm human first."

So, I'm going to make sure I respect my every emotion.

I'll acknowledge my doubts and stumbling phases;

Yet, I'll rise high, achieving every dream I've dreamt.

I've realized that for success to come, I need to be me.

TheBlogWriter8 has been too worldly-wise, too sharp;

She might have a lot of my traits, but she isn't me.

To think that she'll win my battles for me is deception.

I struggle, I fear, I cringe, I hide, I fall;

But I also try, I pray, I preach, I open-up, I climb.

My truth might not seem as promising as her facade,

But I'll invite you to walk with me to the top;

I have faith that persistence will surely get us there.

In the past few weeks, I've slipped downhill;

But I've also felt a strong urge to work on myself again.

Work, I will- it's easier when you've been there before;

Not because you know the path- oh no,

It's simpler because you know where you're headed.

Thank you for reading me and bringing me happiness;

It's been a good association and I aim to make it better!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

my dear one, you just keep it up. write what whatchya want and know i will be on this journey with ya, you can be sure of that!!
you are loved and i send you a bloggie hug!

PurpleMist. said...

Awww, this is so perfect.
Thank you, I've been doubting myself a lot and this makes me feel like I'm not the only one. I guess we have to remember that we may not be perfect, but we ARE good enough.
Lovely post :)

Of One Heart said...

@ Melody-Mae:

:) You set my world afloat! Melody-Mae, you have a heart of gold! God bless you.

Of One Heart said...

@ PurpleMist:

Hun, in doubt, you're NEVER alone!! ;) You are fantastic. You are!

xoxo

zaynab. said...

This was so directed at the current me.
Thank you so so so ever much for this because it really helped me put my thoughts back on track.
xoxo

Of One Heart said...

:) Zaynab, my dear, you're totally worth it. Know that!

Anonymous said...

I like this post, dear.
I think none of us is ever sure of ourselves, you know... just living the day because we have to live, smiling because we are happy, giving advises even though we are not sure if it will work, and feeling a little fragile sometimes.
The thing is, we wake up in the morning and see the sun or the rain or even when the skies are empty. And walk or run and stop and walk again...

I'll be walking with you, my friend. Even if we have different things to look for, I'm sure we'll find it. <3

(you know why i love this post? because I see a little part of your soul in this one... oh! the blog writer! she's not just giving advises! she can be lost too... but she can stand again, and again, again. i think this, my dear friend, is the greatest lesson you have given me.)

Of One Heart said...

Haze, hun, you're cute!

Thank you for walking with me. It makes me feel so good to know I'm appreciated, cared for and loved through my writing even at the lows in life. :)

We're going to be running soon. Tie up your shoe laces! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...